FAQ – Questions and Answers
Choose keyword to filter the FAQ:
- °CALEON Clima
- °CALEON Clima Smart
- °CALEON Smart
- °CALEONbox Clima
- °CALEONbox Fresh
- AIR TDC
- Data logger
- HCC Fresh
- Pool TDC M
- Pool TDC M Plus
- SFWC Heat interface units
- SOREL Connect
- WPC 5
How to update firmware on SOREL data logger
Follow 5 easy steps to update the firmware on your SOREL data logger:
1. Take SD card from data logger to PC
2. Copy firmware.bin to root directory (!) on SD card
3. Disconnect data logger from power supply
4. Plug in SD card and switch on power supply again
5. Quickly press reset button for 3 seconds
Red LED blinks during installation and turns green when finished
Important notice: Don’t carry out firmware updates without consultation with us to ensure compatibility of software and hardware!
How to update firmware on SOREL controllers by update board
Updating a SOREL controller in 5 easy steps:
1. Switch off power supply
2. Take off the cover
3. Place the update board onto the port
4. Close the cover and switch on power supply
5. Confirm to start the installation
After a few moments it’s done! Remember to remove the update board again, power supply being switched off.
Important notice: don’t carry out firmware updates without consulting us, to ensure compatibility of hardware and software!
Simplified Wiring of Underfloor Heating Controllers with °CALEONbox
5 ways how °CALEONbox simplifies the installation of underfloor heating and cooling systems:
1. Easy click-on installation on DIN rail
2. Removable cover for more installation space
3. Automatic, press-on strain relief
4. Easy plug-in terminals. Colour-coded to facilitate correct assignment
5. Movable partitions make space and increase flexibility to separate mains and low voltage (e.g. depending if actuators are 24V or 230V)
How can I connect my devices to a CAN network?
Wiring possibilities of a CAN network (tree, line, star)
Is there a screed heating program?
Yes, the setpoint program (14 day ref. program) can be found under Menu > Settings > Heating circuit > Operating mode
Which controller replaces my old controller?
This table indicates which new controller succeeds those of previous series. These recommendations are non-binding and do not replace your own examination if the controller meets your requirements.
|Previous model||Recommended Controller|
|TDC 4 without VFS||MTDC/LTDC|
|TDC 4 with VFS||LTDC|
How to set up the CALEON App
1. Download °CALEON App to your mobile device. Currently available on Google Play (Android) and Apple App Store (iOS)
2. Start app and create account
3. Click activation link in your e-mail inbox
4. Connect °CALEON with the WLAN network: Expert – Settings – WiFi – Choose Network
5. Add selected e-mail address to access list: Expert – Settings – WiFi – Access Control
6. Log in to °CALEON app with e-mail and password
7. Enter device address in °CALEON app. The device address can be found in the device: Expert – Settings – WiFi – Wifi Status
How to Update Firmware via WiFi with °CALEON Smart
1. Menu | Expert | Service values | Firmware
2. Wait till download is completed
°CALEON automatically detects if the newest software is already installed.
Firmware for other SOREL controllers which are connected to °CALEON Smart can also be updated in this way! Look for the corresponding item in the Expert menu (for example “°CALEONbox Firmware”) and proceed as shown in this video.
How to use the PWM 0/10V outputs on °CALEON Clima to control a zone valve, dehumidifier or fan coil
1) Connect external relay to 0-10V / PWM output of °CALEON Clima
2) Connect external relay to desired external device (e.g. zone valve, dehumidifier, or fan coil)
3) When °CALEON Clima is fully installed, go to Menu – Expert – Caleon – Manage Functions
4) Select desired function
5) Configure settings for that function.
Some devices like 0-10V actuators or high-efficiency pumps can be configured in the same way, but even without the need for an external relay in between.
How to configure speed control of high efficiency pumps with 0-10V or PWM
1) Wire the cables to the controller
Pump cable on left side: blue wire to – brown wire to V1 (black wire is redundant)
Power supply on right side: brown wire to R1 blue wire to N
2) Go to Special Functions – Pump Settings V1
Select type of pump (get this information from pump manual or type label). Set pump signal (get this information from pump manual or type label). If the pump does not support “Solar” or “Heating” standard, you can select from other pre-defined signal profiles. The parameters automatically adapt to your selection. To be sure about the signal settings, compare “Show signal” to the data sheet of the pump
3) Activate speed-control
Check the other speed-control parameters
How to compose individual heating systems with XHCC controller?
How to enhance basic systems in SOREL controllers by assigning extra functions to unused outputs?
How can I assign multiple °CALEON room controllers to a heating circuit?
How to update firmware on X controllers by SOREL
7 easy steps to update the software on XHCC heating circuit controller and XTDC temperature difference controller by SOREL:
1. Remove SD card from controller
2. Plug SD card into PC
3. Create folder “update” on SD card. The name “update” is important!
4. Copy .bin file into “update” folder
5. Take SD card back to controller
6. Go to Special Functions – SD Card – Firmware update
7. Select software update and start
Done! After a few moments the controller reboots with the new firmware.
Note: Carry out firmware updates only after consulting with us to ensure compatibility with hardware and software!